Architecturally, a keystone is the wedge-shaped piece at the crown of an arch that locks the other pieces in place. Without the keystone, the building blocks of an archway will tumble and fall, with no support system for the weight of the arch. Much of the United States climate movement right now is structured like an archway, with all of its blocks resting on a keystone – President Obama’s decision on the Keystone XL pipeline.
- ‘Shell No!’ Indigenous activists to confront Shell to end Arctic drilling at shareholder meetings in Netherlands and London
- Dakota Artist Commissioned to Make Star Quilt for President Took Liberty in Embroidering “NOKXL” Into Design
- #NoKXL Protest Rally During President Obama’s Visit to South Dakota
- NRC RULING GIVES VICTORY TO MINE OPPONENTS
- NATIVES AND NON-NATIVES OF SOUTH DAKOTA ASK OBAMA TO REJECT KEYSTONE XL PERMIT AFTER SOUTH DAKOTA HEARING IS POSTPONED
Get InvolvedWe are looking for new members to join the Rising Tide CST collective, and we regularly hold open meetings for people to find out more about who we are, how we work and how you can get involved in organizing with us. No previous experience needed, just a passion for environmental and social justice. To get a better idea if this is the group for you, you can read our basis of unity before attending the meeting. Email email@example.com to find out date and location.