Architecturally, a keystone is the wedge-shaped piece at the crown of an arch that locks the other pieces in place. Without the keystone, the building blocks of an archway will tumble and fall, with no support system for the weight of the arch. Much of the United States climate movement right now is structured like an archway, with all of its blocks resting on a keystone – President Obama’s decision on the Keystone XL pipeline.
- US Secretary Ryan Zinke responds aggressively to Indigenous woman during Bears Ears visit
- Amazonians at United Nations Announce Chinese Oil Company Will Cause Genocide
- NATIVE AMERICAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS FILE LAWSUIT TO OVERTURN PRESIDENT TRUMP’S KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE PERMIT
- #NoDAPL Last Stand Call to Action!
- Dept. of Army Announces Approval Of DAPL Easement, IEN Response
Get InvolvedWe are looking for new members to join the Rising Tide CST collective, and we regularly hold open meetings for people to find out more about who we are, how we work and how you can get involved in organizing with us. No previous experience needed, just a passion for environmental and social justice. To get a better idea if this is the group for you, you can read our basis of unity before attending the meeting. Email email@example.com to find out date and location.